Issaquah Montessori School is seeking an assistant teacher to work in an early childhood classroom from 12:00pm to 6:00pm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: classroom preparation, cleaning, observation during work periods, recess supervision, record keeping and helping with nap. We're not looking for a superhero but, you must be able to lift 25 pounds, run across the playground and administer first aid while keeping an eye and ear on the rest of the children. You will be firm and patient with the children, and a flexible team player with your colleagues.
The ideal candidate is:
• Loving, enthusiastic and respectful
• Positive, punctual and dependable
• Able to multi-task, show initiative and able to accept direction
• Curious about Montessori philosophy and willing to participate in further professional development
• Physically able to engage with the children on their level
• Able to effectively plan, problem solve, communicate and collaborate with a variety of personalities.
• Is flexible and willing to provided support where needed to the benefit of the community
• Able to pass a Washington State Background check and provide supplemental materials showing required certifications/documentation
Required documentation: Food Handler Permit, STARS number, and TB (Mantoux) test. Salary and benefits dependent on education and experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to be considered for an interview.
Substitute Teachers and Assistant Teachers
Issaquah Montessori School is a fun place to work—our teaching
staff is professional, dedicated to Montessori philosophy and a great team.
However, sometimes someone get sick, or needs to take time away from the
classroom. At times like this, we need other reliable, professional
Montessorians to fill their shoes temporarily. We’re looking for lead or
assistant teachers who would like to be on our substitute list at both the
toddler and early childhood levels.
For any of the above positions, send cover letter and resume to Chelle Downey-Magee at: email@example.com.